maintenance work on the brakes

I had to do some maintenance work because one of the brakes on my Quest velomobile was not set free again after use. I hoped they would keep working properly till Spring, but unfortunately I had to do some service earlier.

I found out that two of the spokes were broken , so I renewed them.

The salty snow is dripping alongside the brakes, long after the ride has finished.

It should be forbidden to use simple iron components in these kind of places.

The problem is that the brake axle is getting rusty, caused by the salt and snow.

I cleaned the the brake axle and greased it with copaslip.

It’s working OK again 😉

Published by wim harwig

too old to die young, but still making love and not war

%d bloggers like this: